Summit Emotional Health does not accept insurance or work directly with insurance companies or other third-party payers. This makes Summit clinicians “Out of Network providers.”
Advantages to working with an Out of Network provider at Summit may include the following:
- Increased confidentiality and privacy.
- Greater choice of a therapist who fits with your personality and clinical needs – especially if you are looking for a therapist with a unique skill set.
- A more personalized therapeutic experience, as your insurance company will not dictate number of sessions or treatment plan.
While many clients elect to not interact with insurance providers, several services with Summit are sometimes covered by certain insurance policies even though we are Out of Network providers.
How do I know if my insurance policy offers Out of Network Reimbursement?
- Check with your insurance company’s Summary of Benefits to see if you have Out of Network benefits as part of your “insurance product.”
- Call the number on the back of your insurance card to make sure you have Out of Network benefits and consider asking these questions:
- How much is my deductible and how much has been met this year?
- What is my Out of Network deductible for outpatient behavioral health?
- Ask for an estimate of what their reimbursement rate for the following services:
- Initial evaluation (60 minutes) CPT Code 90791
- Ongoing therapy (60 minutes) CPT Code 90837
- Ask for a copy of the form you will need to complete to submit your request for reimbursement with your Super Bill.
How is payment handled at Summit if I want to use Out of Network behavioral health benefits?
- Payment in full is due at each appointment.
- We will provide a Super Bill (an itemized receipt with a diagnosis code) for you to file with your insurance.
- You fax the Super Bill to your insurance company with their filing form.
- Depending on your Out of Network benefits, your insurance company may apply the cost of services toward your deductible or may provide direct reimbursement to you.
What services at Summit have the option to be “Super Billed” and filed for Out of Network?
- Group therapy
- Adult Psychiatry with Dr. Orr
- Psychological assessment
What services at Summit do not have the option to be “Super Billed” and filed for Out of Network?
- Child Psychiatry with Dr. Hall
- Educational consultations
- Educational portions of assessments
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions about this process
Please email Christi and Hayley at Front desk: Frontdesk@summit-eh.com
Current Rates: Summit Emotional Health
|Service||Intake||Follow Up||Follow Up – 30 minutes|
|Group therapy||Please call||Please call||N/A|
|Psychiatry: Dr. Hall||$275 / $350||$125 / $180||N/A|
|Psychiatry: Dr. Orr||$275||$160||N/A|
Missed Appointments: Please provide at least 48 hours’ notice for a cancellation or rescheduled appointment. Failure to do so will result in the following fees:
- Psychotherapy no-show: $100
- All other appointments: 50% of agreed upon rate for that service.